Association for Applied Sport Psychology
The Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) was founded in 1986. With about 1200 members, it has emerged as the largest applied sport and exercise psychology organization in the world.
* AASP promotes the science and practice of sport and exercise psychology.
* AASP advocates the application of psychological principles, that have been supported by research, in sport and exercise.
* AASP is interdisciplinary, drawing from the fields of exercise and sport science as well as psychology.
* AASP provide opportunities to share information related to theory development, research, and the provision of psychological services to consumers.
* AASP is member-driven: Special Interest Groups (SIGs) provide grass roots leadership and the elected members of the Executive Board conduct the business of AASP.
* AASP is a leader in promoting and enhancing professional standards in the field of sport and exercise psychology.